Rivotril da sono – Rivotril generico – Rivotril gotas preço
Rivotril (Clonazepam) is a tranquilizer of the benzodiazepine family. The tablet is a commonly prescribed medicine for prevention and treatment for seizures and panic disorder. It also can be used for some movement disorder such as akathisia.
Rivotril and Pregnancy
The safety profile of clonazepam or rivotril during pregnancy carries a big doubt and question. The use of clonazepam or rivotril during pregnancy should only be used if the clinical benefits are believed to outweigh the clinical risks to the fetus.
Caution is also required if rivotril is used during breast feeding. Neonatal withdrawal syndrome associated with benzodiazepines include hypertonia, hyperreflexia, restlessness, irritability, abnormal sleep patterns, inconsolable crying, tremors or jerking of the extremities, bradycardia, cyanosis, suckling difficulties, apnea, risk of aspiration of feeds, diarrhea and vomiting, and growth retardation. If clonazepam is used during pregnancy or breast feeding it is recommended that serum levels of clonazepam are monitored and signs of central nervous system depression and apnea are also monitored for.
When is the drug Rivotril used?
It is used to treat seizure disorders. It helps by slowing the nerves activity in the brain. Your doctor may choose to use this medication for conditions other than the ones listed in these drug information articles. GABA is a chemical that, when released in the brain, acts as a calming agent and keeps the nerve activity in balance. Once the brain absorbs the GABA (uptake), this chemical can no longer act on the nerves. Too little GABA, the brain may become overexcited. Clonazepam acts on receptors in the brain (GABA receptors) to increase the release of GABA. This increases the calming effects of nerve cells by GABA. By calming nerve cells, clonazepam prevents excessively rapid and repetitive firing of electrical signals. Thereby electrical nerve activity in the brain is stabilised, leading to prevention and treatment of fits and maintenance of normal brain function.
How to take Rivotril?
- Take Rivotril by mouth with or without food.
- If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Swallow tablet whole with a full glass of water.
- If you are taking it for the prevention of seizures, taking Rivotril at the same times each day will help you remember to take it.
- Continue to take this drug even if you feel well.rivotril virkning
- Do not miss any doses.
- Rivotril works best when there is a constant level of it in your body.
What is Klonopin and Rivotril relation?
Klonopin – generic clonazepam, sold outside the United States as Rivotril – is a medication used to treat anxiety and panic disorder as well as certain seizure disorders.
It is used alone or along with other medications to treat convulsive disorders such as epilepsy. It is also prescribed for panic disorder – unexpected attacks of overwhelming panic accompanied by fear of recurrence. It belongs to a class of drugs known as benzodiazepines.
This medication is sometimes prescribed for other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information.
How to Take Rivotril:
Take this medicine as directed. It can be taken with or without food. Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly without consulting with your doctor.
Some common side effects reported with this medicine include:
- dry mouth
- upset stomach
- changes in appetite
Warnings and precautions for Rivotril :
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviour has been associated with some of the patients who are treated with anti-epileptic agents. Hence it is important to monitor patients for such behaviour indications. Generally as a ground rule, patients with a history of depression or suicide attempts needs strict supervision all the time.
- Say no to alcohol if you are taking this drug. Mixing these two together can alter the effects of the drug, compromises with the success of therapy.
- Talk with your physician or pharmacist if you are taking other medications.
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to Rivotril, aspirin, tartrazine (a yellow dye in some processed foods and drugs), or any other drugs.